Epsteins gone man.
DanPopp
2012-01-27 19:48:21 UTC
Dave Kelly, thoughts?
DanPopp
2012-01-27 19:48:47 UTC
Post by DanPopp
Dave Kelly, thoughts?
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/27/welcome-back-kotters-robert-hegyes-has-died/?hpt=hp_t3
band beyond description
2012-01-27 21:56:02 UTC
Post by DanPopp
Dave Kelly, thoughts?
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/27/welcome-back-kotters-robert-hegyes-has-died/?hpt=hp_t3
Dave's gonna drown his sorrows in a Master class this weekend. Until then,
he'll be in seclusion.

Steve Kimock (@KimockMusic)
1/27/12 3:56 AM
This weekend Sweetwater shows are SOLD OUT. But there are still some spots
for master class on Sunday at 2PM http://t.co/YyrelPyY
sweetbac
2012-01-28 01:20:39 UTC
I never much cared for "Welcome Back Kotter"
Was this dude the spade?
I was MUCH more a fan of "Whats Happening!" which
was on at the same time as "Kotter"...but on ABC, if I recall.
I distictly remember watching a scene with "Shirley".....ya know,
the fat black broad who worked at the diner, and my lower regions
tingled for the 1st time...it kinda scared me at first....but every scene
she was in, the same thing would happen...week after motherlovin' week...
this went on till the series cancellation in June 1980....
I never got that feeling when that doosh-bag "Horse-Shack" or whatever
his name be was actin' a fool on "Kotter"...
I knew then that my (thankfully) brief flirtation with my moms makeup kit
and "Ambush" scented kotex pads was fully behind me.....(though an
unforeseen dalliance with "Adam Ant" facepaint a scant year or two off)..
No...I started East Orange Community Collegs barely a blank slate.
What were we talking about?
marcman
2012-01-28 02:04:59 UTC
Post by sweetbac
I never much cared for "Welcome Back Kotter"
Was this dude the spade?
I was MUCH more a fan of "Whats Happening!" which
was on at the same time as "Kotter"...but on ABC, if I recall.
You don't recall. Kotter was on ABC. Came on right after Happy Days.
Cross dressing, apparently . . .
dr.narcolepsy
2012-01-28 04:31:28 UTC
dr.narcolepsy
2012-01-28 04:32:58 UTC
Post by dr.narcolepsy
Post by sweetbac
unforeseen dalliance with "Adam Ant" facepaint a scant year or two off)..
http://pixelatedgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/e_honda_street_fighter.jpg
No, wait:
Andrew
2012-01-27 21:53:33 UTC
I ain't buying it for a second... the coroner's death certificate is
signed "Epstein's mother"...
yoker
2012-01-28 17:37:22 UTC
I saw a lot of Groucho Marx in the character of Epstein, I also some
very good Puerto Rican flavor in him as well. He made me laugh good
and hard. Rest In Peace, Bob Hegyes
:_(
marcman
2012-01-28 17:44:21 UTC
Post by yoker
I saw a lot of Groucho Marx in the character of Epstein, I also some
very good Puerto Rican flavor in him as well. He made me laugh good
and hard. Rest In Peace, Bob Hegyes
:_(
He was a huge Marx Brothers fan. He's publicly stated that his Epstein
character was based in part and heavily influenced by Harpo Marx. I
clearly see the Harpo comparison, not sure I'm seeing Groucho though.
yoker
Harpo didn't speak on camera.
marcman
2012-01-30 03:50:22 UTC
Post by yoker
Post by marcman
Post by yoker
I saw a lot of Groucho Marx in the character of Epstein, I also some
very good Puerto Rican flavor in him as well. He made me laugh good
and hard. Rest In Peace, Bob Hegyes
:_(
He was a huge Marx Brothers fan. He's publicly stated that his Epstein
character was based in part and heavily influenced by Harpo Marx. I
clearly see the Harpo comparison, not sure I'm seeing Groucho though.
Harpo didn't speak on camera.
That would imply that anybody that *did* speak on camera was just like
Groucho . . .
Thomas Beck
2012-01-30 09:25:33 UTC
Post by yoker
Harpo didn't speak on camera.
That is because early in their career the
Marx brothers were treated in a fucked
up way by the owner of a Vaudeville theatre
and Harpo said "I hope your theatre burns
down", And it did. Does anybody remember
The TV show "Your Show of Shows"? Do
you remember what it was that Groucho
said (Live TV folks) that got that show cancelled
and him basically kicked out of the then new
medium of television? A prize will be awarded
(Raspberry Malt at the Tonka Drive Inn near where
I live) for the correct answer.

Tom
MajorWoody
2012-01-30 13:07:09 UTC
"marcman" wrote in message news:e93bdde4-d85c-4cde-84e6-***@g27g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

He was a huge Marx Brothers fan. He's publicly stated that his Epstein
character was based in part and heavily influenced by Harpo Marx. I
clearly see the Harpo comparison, not sure I'm seeing Groucho though.

Actually, he has been quoted as saying he based the character on Chico Marx.
They just ran a marathon of the Brothers flix on TCM on New Years Eve. I
dvr'ed them, and finally got through them. Duck Soup, Horsefeathers, and
Opera are still the best in my opinion!!