The Most PERFECT Movie Villian....
The old geezer
2009-11-24 23:03:50 UTC
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!

TOG

ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-24 23:42:50 UTC
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
marcman
2009-11-25 00:20:44 UTC
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Sir Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter in the Silence of the Lambs.

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti." - Hannibal Lecter

And honorable mention to John Malcovich's Mitch "Booth" Leary in "In
the Line of Fire."

"I was worried about you with the motorcade today. You looked like you
were going to faint. You really should get into shape for that type of
job." - Booth
The old geezer
2009-11-25 00:27:38 UTC
Post by marcman
Sir Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter in the Silence of the Lambs.
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti." - Hannibal Lecter
And honorable mention to John Malcovich's Mitch "Booth" Leary in "In
the Line of Fire."
"I was worried about you with the motorcade today. You looked like you
were going to faint. You really should get into shape for that type of
job." - Booth
Both too "over the top".

Liberty Valence was real. Believable.

TOG
Garry the Island Boy
2009-11-25 02:08:23 UTC
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Agreed, very good. Sergio Leone just loved Fonda's blue eyes and
wanted to turn them into the eyes of a killer. . .

Leone felt that Fonda's blue eyes best reflected the cold, icy nature
of the killer. Fonda later claimed his role as Frank was his personal
favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_in_the_West

G.
The old geezer
2009-11-25 22:29:41 UTC
OUTW gets my vote as the best western followed closely by 'The Wild Bunch'...
Guess you never saw any John Ford Westerns then.............

TOG

ND: Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale & Old Crow Bourbon
NP: Beautiful World - Patrick O'Hearn

P.S. I love "The Wild Bunch" movie. Sam Peckinpaugh came to my
college in 1974 to give a lecture & showed up drunk out of his mind.
An Asian classmate of mine asked a question of one of his films &
Sam's answer was : "Ahhhh soooo.......didn't we kick you ass in
WW2"???
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-26 03:01:57 UTC
OUTW gets my vote as the best western followed closely by 'The Wild Bunch'...
Guess you never saw any John Ford Westerns then.............

yuo guess wrong.
Ford can't hold a candle next to Leone
The old geezer
2009-11-26 12:32:27 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
yuo guess wrong.
Ford can't hold a candle next to Leone
OUTW & TGTBTU would have each been a hour long if Leone had edited out
the close up face shots of the good guys staring down the bad guys
before the shootout!

TOG
Ray O'Hara

that's tension building.
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-25 21:51:10 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Agreed, very good. Sergio Leone just loved Fonda's blue eyes and
wanted to turn them into the eyes of a killer. . .

Leone felt that Fonda's blue eyes best reflected the cold, icy nature
of the killer. Fonda later claimed his role as Frank was his personal
favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_in_the_West

G.

Leone was right. those cold blue eyes are merciless.
OUTW gets my vote as the best western followed closely by 'The Wild Bunch'
JimK
2009-11-25 03:43:12 UTC
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:42:50 -0500, "Ray O'Hara"
Post by Ray O'Hara
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Take your pick; Robert Mitchum in "Night of the Hunter" or Robert
Mitchum in "Cape Fear".

JimK
Joker
Cape Fear.
Edwin Hurwitz
2009-11-25 03:51:46 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Martin Sheen in Badlands.

Edwin
--
If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your
enemies.
-Moshe Dayan
marcman
2009-11-25 18:52:56 UTC
Post by Edwin Hurwitz
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Martin Sheen in Badlands.
Edwin
Just the mention of Martin Sheen in this thread immediately reminds me
of Marlon Brando's Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now. I don't know if that
role qualifies as the perfect movie villain or not, but it disturbed
me deeply and scared the shit outta me the first time around.
                                        -Moshe Dayan
JimK
2009-11-25 19:52:43 UTC
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:52:56 -0800 (PST), marcman
Post by marcman
Post by Edwin Hurwitz
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Martin Sheen in Badlands.
Edwin
Just the mention of Martin Sheen in this thread immediately reminds me
of Marlon Brando's Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now. I don't know if that
role qualifies as the perfect movie villain or not, but it disturbed
me deeply and scared the shit outta me the first time around.
You get scared by movies?

JimK
marcman
2009-11-25 20:58:19 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by Edwin Hurwitz
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Martin Sheen in Badlands.
Edwin
Just the mention of Martin Sheen in this thread immediately reminds me
of Marlon Brando's Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.  I don't know if that
role qualifies as the perfect movie villain or not, but it disturbed
me deeply and scared the shit outta me the first time around.
You get scared by movies?
Sometimes, yeah. You don't? Hmmm, maybe startled is a better word
there than scared . . . maybe not, but there's probably a better word
than scared.
Post by JimK
JimK- Hide quoted text -
JimK
2009-11-25 21:25:19 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by Edwin Hurwitz
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Martin Sheen in Badlands.
Edwin
Just the mention of Martin Sheen in this thread immediately reminds me
of Marlon Brando's Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.  I don't know if that
role qualifies as the perfect movie villain or not, but it disturbed
me deeply and scared the shit outta me the first time around.
You get scared by movies?
Sometimes, yeah. You don't? Hmmm, maybe startled is a better word
there than scared . . . maybe not, but there's probably a better word
than scared.
Maybe when I was 10, but I've grown out of it.

JimK
marcman
2009-11-25 22:20:31 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by Edwin Hurwitz
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
 the most perfect villan was Henry Fonda's Frank in "Once Upon a Time in the
West'
From the opening scene where he shoots the little boy in cold blood after
murdering the rest of the family until he gets his just desserts when
Charles Bronson guns him down he is pure cold blooded non-cartoonish evil.
Martin Sheen in Badlands.
Edwin
Just the mention of Martin Sheen in this thread immediately reminds me
of Marlon Brando's Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now.  I don't know if that
role qualifies as the perfect movie villain or not, but it disturbed
me deeply and scared the shit outta me the first time around.
You get scared by movies?
Sometimes, yeah. You don't?  Hmmm, maybe startled is a better word
there than scared . . . maybe not, but there's probably a better word
than scared.
Maybe when I was 10, but I've grown out of it.
JimK
Sorry to hear that. Although I guess that would have its advantages as
well . . .
grunk
2009-11-25 00:19:58 UTC
Rex Reed.
Ken Fortenberry
2009-11-25 00:40:35 UTC
Post by grunk
Rex Reed.
Heh. I was gonna say Pauline Kael.

I actually liked Rex Reed as a movie critic, I agreed with him
more often than not.
Ken Fortenberry
grunk
2009-11-25 00:59:33 UTC
Post by Ken Fortenberry
Post by grunk
Rex Reed.
Heh. I was gonna say Pauline Kael.
I actually liked Rex Reed as a movie critic, I agreed with him
more often than not.
--
Ken Fortenberry
You've got a point there, though I kinda think Kael, right or wrong,
was a much better writer than Reed..
Guess, I'll have to go with my number two villain, Neil Diamond in The
Last Waltz.
marcman
2009-11-25 01:23:27 UTC
Post by grunk
Guess, I'll have to go with my number two villain, Neil Diamond in The
Last Waltz.
First of all, that's funny!

Right now I'm listening to Phish 12/31/93. As I read that line, they
just sequed from Argent's Hold Your Head Up into a screaming version
of Cracklin' Rosie! Funny how these things happen like that
sometimes.
Ken Fortenberry
2009-11-25 03:26:16 UTC
Post by grunk
Post by Ken Fortenberry
Post by grunk
Rex Reed.
Heh. I was gonna say Pauline Kael.
I actually liked Rex Reed as a movie critic, I agreed with him
more often than not.
You've got a point there, though I kinda think Kael, right or wrong,
was a much better writer than Reed..
Guess, I'll have to go with my number two villain, Neil Diamond in The
Last Waltz.
Well, if we're going to eliminate the critics I'll have to go with
Harvey Korman playing Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles as the most
perfect movie villain.

"I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the
west. Take this down.

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes,
mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men,
Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers,
hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers,
ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists."

Now *that's* villainy. ;-)
Ken Fortenberry
3jane.
Uhhh, you misspelled Van Morrison.
Rogues Island's finest
2009-11-26 16:17:25 UTC
Post by grunk
Post by Ken Fortenberry
Post by grunk
Rex Reed.
Heh. I was gonna say Pauline Kael.
I actually liked Rex Reed as a movie critic, I agreed with him
more often than not.
--
Ken Fortenberry
You've got a point there, though I kinda think Kael, right or wrong,
was a much better writer than Reed..
Guess, I'll have to go with my number two villain, Neil Diamond in The
Last Waltz.
Van Morrison's purple pantsuit and I had a great laugh over that.

Mark
Garry the Island Boy
2009-11-25 02:03:53 UTC
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
Frank, BLUE VELVET, 'nuff said. . .

band beyond description
2009-11-25 02:55:21 UTC
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the guy who played the Nazi SS officer character, Colonel Hans Landa
(Christoph Waltz), in Quentin Tarantino's latest, "Inglourious
Basterds."
--
Peace,
Steve
band beyond description
2009-11-26 03:57:10 UTC
Post by band beyond description
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the guy who played the Nazi SS officer character, Colonel Hans Landa
(Christoph Waltz), in Quentin Tarantino's latest, "Inglourious Basterds."
--
Peace,
Steve
all Tarantino movies are cartoons, fun and enjpoyable but cartoons.
the same with Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet, great fun but not realisric.
hey Internet gadfly: have you SEEN "Inglourious Basterds?"
--
Peace,
Steve
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-26 05:10:52 UTC
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
the guy who played the Nazi SS officer character, Colonel Hans Landa
(Christoph Waltz), in Quentin Tarantino's latest, "Inglourious Basterds."
--
Peace,
Steve
all Tarantino movies are cartoons, fun and enjpoyable but cartoons.
the same with Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet, great fun but not realisric.
hey Internet gadfly: have you SEEN "Inglourious Basterds?"
--
Peace,
Steve
yes, its typical Tarantino over the top action.
fun, enjoyable, but cartoonish.
Ray O'Hara

3jane.
2009-11-25 04:09:33 UTC
To be serious for a minute, Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant.
Kelly Humphries
2009-11-25 05:31:12 UTC
Post by 3jane.
To be serious for a minute, Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant.
Has this become some sort of serial remake? And if so then why, oh Lord
WHY?, would they torment me by having Werner Herzog direct the latest
installment (starring Nic Cage)?

Yes, I know I'm hooked up to the Intertubes and I could look this up. I'm
just hoping someone can tell me WHY it's happening, is all.

the hoping to be impressed, kpisces kid....
3jane.
2009-11-25 14:27:06 UTC
Post by 3jane.
To be serious for a minute, Harvey Keitel in Bad Lieutenant.
Has this become some sort of serial remake?  And if so then why, oh Lord
WHY?, would they torment me by having Werner Herzog direct the latest
installment (starring Nic Cage)?
Yes, I know I'm hooked up to the Intertubes and I could look this up.  I'm
just hoping someone can tell me WHY it's happening, is all.
the hoping to be impressed, kpisces kid....
Hey, I'm going to go see it, it's a remake by a great director and a
sometimes decent actor (this performance has been compared to Leaving
Las Vegas) of a classic film. What's not to like (except perhaps the
movie, but that remains to be seen-literally).
Kelly Humphries
2009-11-30 03:49:52 UTC
hel-LO!

This thread is not titled "Every Movie Villain You Can Think Of." And
besides, hardly any of them are anywhere near perfect....

Mr Potter: we don't even get to see his comeuppance. For all we know, he
spent Christmas Eve rolling around naked in Mr. Gower's empty bar, and
then dry-humping the oldest tree in Pottersville. He's a bad guy like the
cats that come around to my porch in the middle of the night for Meow Mix.

Darth Vader: had it goin', yeah. The ultimate commeuppance is getting
blown out into the dark vacuum of the eternal Universe (and he even came
back to fight some more!), but getting all mopey with the kids is not
Ultimate Villain material. Nah.

Bogart in The African Queen? OMG, lolz!

Try that muthafuckin badass Javier Bardem played in "No Country For Old
Men" and gimme a call. No regret, no delay, no second thought. Just

Baddest.

Guy.

Ever!

action, from beginning to end.
Pepe Papon
2009-11-27 06:57:42 UTC
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:03:50 -0800 (PST), The old geezer
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
Charlize Theron in "Monster". IIRC, she *did* win an Oscar, which
was well-deserved. A more incredible performance, I have never seen.
Alan Alda in "The Aviator" definitely deserves an honorable mentiond.
His evil, sleazy performance made my skin crawl.

Two others that come to mind are Kevin Bacon in the little-known film
"The River Wild" (with Merrly Steep) and Dwight Yoakam in
"Slingblade".
--
~ Seth Jackson

MySpace URL - http://www.myspace.com/sethjacksonsong
Songwriting and Music Business Info: http://www.sethjackson.net
marcman
2009-11-27 19:19:23 UTC
Post by Pepe Papon
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:03:50 -0800 (PST), The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
Charlize Theron in "Monster".   IIRC, she *did* win an Oscar, which
was well-deserved.   A more incredible performance, I have never seen.
Alan Alda in "The Aviator" definitely deserves an honorable mentiond.
His evil, sleazy performance made my skin crawl.
Two others that come to mind are Kevin Bacon in the little-known film
"The River Wild" (with Merrly Steep) and Dwight Yoakam in
"Slingblade".
Man do I concur on all fronts.

Kevin Bacon in particular - excellent portrayal of evil villainy! Not
to mention a great movie wrapped around his performance.

Charlize Theron also did a really nice job in Monster . . .

How about Rebecca DeMorney in "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" or
Eric Roberts in "Star 80"? Man, Eric Roberts sure was villainous in
Star 80 . . .
Pepe Papon
2009-11-28 06:15:22 UTC
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:19:23 -0800 (PST), marcman
Post by marcman
Post by Pepe Papon
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:03:50 -0800 (PST), The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
Charlize Theron in "Monster".   IIRC, she *did* win an Oscar, which
was well-deserved.   A more incredible performance, I have never seen.
Alan Alda in "The Aviator" definitely deserves an honorable mentiond.
His evil, sleazy performance made my skin crawl.
Two others that come to mind are Kevin Bacon in the little-known film
"The River Wild" (with Merrly Steep) and Dwight Yoakam in
"Slingblade".
Man do I concur on all fronts.
Kevin Bacon in particular - excellent portrayal of evil villainy! Not
to mention a great movie wrapped around his performance.
You might be the only person I've ever encountered who's even heard of
that movie, much less seen it. It was a great suspense film, but a
total bomb at the box office. I blame it on the title. "The River
Wild" just doesn't have a ring to it.
Post by marcman
Charlize Theron also did a really nice job in Monster . . .
"A really nice job" is a huge understatement.
Post by marcman
How about Rebecca DeMorney in "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" or
Eric Roberts in "Star 80"? Man, Eric Roberts sure was villainous in
Star 80 . . .
Haven't seen those.

marcman
2009-11-28 13:46:45 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by Pepe Papon
[...]
Great rapids rafting scenes. And ya know Meryl Streep is usually
great.
Post by marcman
How about Rebecca DeMorney in "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle"  or
Eric Roberts in "Star 80"?  Man, Eric Roberts sure was villainous in
Star 80 . . .
Haven't seen those.
Star 80 is the Dorothy Stratton story. Also with Mariel Hemmingway.
Won the Golden Globe. I figure its a must see. Eric Roberts made a
name for himself as "Paul Snider" with that one, landed him the role
in one of my favorites of all time, "The Pope of Greenwhich Village."
And speaking of Eric Roberts, I'm reminded of "Runaway Train" another
one of those movies that should be seen but many will likely have
never heard of it. With Job Voight, and Rebecca De Mornay.
--
Songwriting and Music Business Info:http://www.sethjackson.net- Hide quoted text -
Garry the Island Boy
2009-11-28 14:43:17 UTC
Darth Vader, duh!!

G.
Garry the Island Boy
2009-11-28 17:13:29 UTC
Post by Garry the Island Boy
Darth Vader, duh!!
G.
And oddly enough, the assistant in CLOCKWORK ORANGE played the
physical Darth Vader, voice by James Errol Jones.

G.
Ray O'Hara

of course you meant James Earl Jones.
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-29 20:15:58 UTC
Post by marcman
How about Rebecca DeMorney in "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" or
Eric Roberts in "Star 80"? Man, Eric Roberts sure was villainous in
Star 80 . . .
Haven't seen those.
The River Wild is on cable quite often..
sorry it just gets an EH! from me.

a good female villan is Daveigh Chase, she plays the evil and manipulative
Rhonda Volmer on Big Love, she was Samara in the ring and won MTVs best
villan award.
she's the most evel girl since Patty McCormack in the bad seed.
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-27 22:31:58 UTC
Post by Pepe Papon
Charlize Theron in "Monster".
So sorry to you all, but none of your candidtates beat Lee Marvin's
performance in TMWSLV!

you are entitled to your incorrect opinion.
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-28 00:42:11 UTC
Post by Ray O'Hara
you are entitled to your incorrect opinion.
And so are you.

And besides, a *Fine* Irishman you are....dissin' John Ford!

TOG

Ford{and Wayne's} best two movies are the Quiet Man{best movie fight evah}
and the Searchers, Wayne deserved an Oscar for that, he smolders with rage
in it.

Oscar fact, the actor who played the Mexican General in The Wild Bunch was
the model for the Oscar statuette.
The old geezer
2009-11-27 23:24:18 UTC

TOG
The old geezer
2009-11-27 19:09:52 UTC
Post by Pepe Papon
Charlize Theron in "Monster".
So sorry to you all, but none of your candidtates beat Lee Marvin's
performance in TMWSLV!

Maybe next time.

TOG

ND: McSorley's Irish Pale Ale
NP: Let It Rock - Vol. 2 - JGB
marcman
2009-11-28 13:35:22 UTC
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
Andrew Roblinson -- the Scorpio Killer in the original Dirty Harry. He
was one scary psychio.
I swear to Jerry, I came here this morning to mention that one!
(although I would have had to look up his name)

I also wanted to mention Glen Close in Fatal Attraction, and Michael
Douglas in Wall Street.
JimK
2009-11-28 16:29:55 UTC
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 05:35:22 -0800 (PST), marcman
Post by marcman
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!!  How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
Andrew Roblinson -- the Scorpio Killer in the original Dirty Harry. He
was one scary psychio.
I swear to Jerry, I came here this morning to mention that one!
(although I would have had to look up his name)
I also wanted to mention Glen Close in Fatal Attraction, and Michael
Douglas in Wall Street.
Lionel Barrymore as Mr. Potter in "It's A Wonderful Life". Case
closed.

Honorable mentions:

Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher)
The Wicked Witch of the West (Margaret Hamilton)
Dr. Szell (Laurence Olivier in Marathon Man)
Auric Goldfinger (Gert Frobe)
Alex DeLarge (Malcolm McDowell in Clockwork Orange)
* Matty Walker (Kathleen Turner in Body Heat)
Noah Cross (John Huson in Chinatown)
Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington in Training Day)
Little Bill Dagget (Gene Hackman in The Unforgiven)
Sheriff Cobb & Slick Stanhope (Brian Dennehy and Jeff Goldblum in
Silverado)
Jack Wilson (Jack Palance in Shane)
Johnny Rocco (Edward G. Robinson in Key Largo)

*Sexiest villain ever, no contest!

JimK
marcman
2009-11-28 16:37:31 UTC
Post by marcman
[...]
Dr. Jed Hill (Alex Baldwin in Malice).
Carter Hayes (Michael Keaton in Pacific Heights)
Robert Green (Alec Baldwin in The Edge)
marcman
2009-11-28 16:47:19 UTC
Post by marcman
[...]
And thinking of Alec Baldwin . . .

Fred Frenger (Alec Baldwin in Miami Blues)
marcman
2009-11-28 19:37:33 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
[...]
Blake (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

Anybody that's ever had a sales job will understand how villainous
Baldwin's character was in this movie.

===

You're talking about what.You're talking about... Bitching about that
sale you shot, some sonofabitch who don't wanna buy land, some broad
you're trying to screw, so forth. Let's talk about something
important. They all here? I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something
important. Put. That coffee. Down. Coffee's for closers only. You
think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from
downtown. I'm here from Mitch and Murray. And I'm here on a mission of
mercy. Your name's Levine? You call yourself a salesman you son of a
bitch?

(I don't gotta sit here and listen to this shit.)

You certainly don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're fired. The
bad news is - you've got, all of you've got just one week to regain
your jobs starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's sit. Oh? Have
I got your attention now? Good. "Cause we're adding a little something
to this month's sales contest. As you all know first prize is a
Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a
set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Get the picture? You
laughing now? You got leads. Mitch and Murray paid good money, get
their names to sell them. you can't close the leads youre given you
can't close shit. You ARE shit. Hit the bricks pal, and beat it 'cause
you are going OUT.

(The leads are weak.)

The leads are weak? Fucking leads are weak. You're weak. I've been in
this business 15 years...

(What's your name?)

Fuck you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You drove a Hyundai to
get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name. And
your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you
can't close them - go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because
only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which
is dotted. You hear me you fucking faggots? A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-
Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING. A-I-D-A. Attention,
Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have you attention?
Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or
walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your
decision, for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the
prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A
guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out
there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you
man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

(You're such a hero, you're so rich, how come you're coming down here
wasting your time with such a bunch of bums?)

You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than
your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much'd you make? You see pal,
that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit.
Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work
here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you
cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on
a sit? You don't like it, leave. _I_ can go out there tonight with the
materials you've got and make myself $15,000. Tonight! In two hours!
Can you? Can YOU? Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad you son of a
bitches. get mad. You want to know what it takes to sell real estate?
It takes BRASS BALLS to sell real estate. Go and do likewise gents.
Money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no
sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those sits tonight and close,
CLOSE. It's yours. If not you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you
know what you'll be saying - a bunch of losers sittin' around in a
bar. 'Oh yeah. I used to be a salesman. It's a tough racket.' These
are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're
gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just
throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good luck but
you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer you
question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray
asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow
my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
3jane.
2009-11-28 20:08:00 UTC
Post by marcman
These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're
gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just
throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good luck but
you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer you
question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray
asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow
my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser
Great movie, and probably Baldwin's best performance, although as you
pointed out, Miami Blues ain't no slouch either. I saw the remake of
Bad Lieutenat yesterday, totally different and at times hilarious (in
the darkest possible way.) Recommended, but don't compare it to the
original, despite what I called it, it's more of a completely new film
based loosely on the plot of the original than a remake. Directed by
Herzog.
Joe
2009-11-28 23:32:21 UTC
Post by 3jane.
pointed out, Miami Blues ain't no slouch either. I saw the remake of
Bad Lieutenat yesterday, totally different and at times hilarious (in
the darkest possible way.) Recommended, but don't compare it to the
original, despite what I called it, it's more of a completely new film
based loosely on the plot of the original than a remake. Directed by
Herzog.
I saw it too, the other day, and thought it was the best, most enjoyable
movie I've ever seen.

That said, anything said about the movie will be a spoiler, because
there's absolutely nothing about it that's predictable. It was Herzog at
his surreal best.

In fact, 3 days after seeing it, I'm still not sure if it was a comedy, a
dark comedy, a satire, a spoof, or an indictment of America's response to
Katrina.

I haven't seen all that many movies before with Nicholas Cage, but damn,
that has to be the performance of his career! If you like your movies
surreal, you'll love Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call New Orleans.

Joe
marcman
2009-11-28 23:52:48 UTC
Post by Joe
[...]
Best Nick Cage movie ever, (I haven't yet seen this new one) hands
down . . . Wild at Heart. See it immediately, thank me later.
Joe
JimK
2009-11-29 04:12:56 UTC
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:52:48 -0800 (PST), marcman
Post by marcman
Post by Joe
[...]
That was one of his better roles, but I'll still take Raising Arizona.

JimK
band beyond description
2009-11-30 10:05:49 UTC
Post by The old geezer
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
Post by JimK
Post by marcman
NOT won an Oscar for his performance?  The Injustice of it all
!!!!!
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
Post by JimK
Post by marcman
[...]
==
[...]
Homer Simpson: Billy Baldwin!
Alec Baldwin: I'm *Alec* Baldwin!
--
Peace,
Steve
marcman
2009-11-28 16:59:42 UTC
Post by marcman
[...]
Mr. Blond (Michael Madsen in Resevoir Dogs)
Warden Norton (Bob Gunton in Shawshank Redemption)
Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci in Goodfellas)
Bill McKinney ("Mountain Man" in Deliverance)
Travis Bickle (Robert Deniro in Taxi Driver)
Sean Nokes (Kevin Bacon in Sleepers)
marcman
2009-11-28 17:06:19 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
[...]
And Jack Nicholson as . . .

Col. Nathan Jessup in A few Good Men
Daryl Van Horne in The Witches of Eastwick
Jack Torrance in The Shining

And lest we forget . . .

Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg (Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny)
marcman
2009-11-28 17:09:58 UTC
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
Post by marcman
[...]
Sorry, I'm on a roll . . . yes I know, so is bologna . . .

Mickey and Mallory Knox (Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis in Natural
Born Killers)
The old geezer
2009-11-28 17:54:35 UTC
Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg (Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny....
He was No Villian! He was just a sorry, worn out character.

Man! I just can't believe how all you people are striking out on this
one! Go rent for tonight TMWSLV & watch Lee Marvin's performance!

TOG
marcman
2009-11-28 17:57:44 UTC
Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg (Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny....
He was No Villian!
Perhaps not intentionally. Maybe intent is a bigger part of this than
I thought.

Ya know, if ya think about it, many of the movie villains mentioned
have a reason for their villainy. Travic Bickle comes to mind . . .
He was just a sorry, worn out character.
Man!  I just can't believe how all you people are striking out on this
one!  Go rent for tonight TMWSLV & watch Lee Marvin's performance!
Geez, I'm gonna do just that, thanks.
TOG
marcman
2009-11-28 23:51:11 UTC
Man!  I just can't believe how all you people are striking out on this
one!  Go rent for tonight TMWSLV & watch Lee Marvin's performance!
TOG
Mr. Geezer,

Thanks for the excellent recommendation. Besides the opinions of most
perfect movie villains, the movie itself was tremendous, frankly I'm
surprised I had never seen it before. I watched it this afternoon.
You're right, Lee Marvin's Liberty Valance is the perfect movie
villain, no doubts about it. Is he the most perfect? I dunno, maybe,
but I got no problem with calling it perfect.

Also, I thought it was pretty cool how he called everybody d00d. And
besides the Duke, Jimmy Stewart and Vera Miles, I also thought Andy
Devine did a fine fine job as the Marshall. Thanks again, great flick.
The old geezer
2009-11-29 00:21:08 UTC
Post by marcman
Man! �I just can't believe how all you people are striking out on this
one! �Go rent for tonight TMWSLV & watch Lee Marvin's performance!
TOG
Mr. Geezer,
Thanks for the excellent recommendation. �Besides the opinions of most
perfect movie villains, the movie itself was tremendous, frankly I'm
surprised I had never seen it before. I watched it this afternoon.
You're right, Lee Marvin's Liberty Valance is the perfect movie
villain, no doubts about it. Is he the most perfect? I dunno, maybe,
but I got no problem with calling it perfect.
Also, I thought it was pretty cool how he called everybody d00d. �And
besides the Duke, Jimmy Stewart and Vera Miles, I also thought Andy
Devine did a fine fine job as the Marshall. Thanks again, great flick.
-----------------------------

That was my steak, Liberty. Pick it up!

----------------------

Give me a whisky!

The bar's closed for the election.

Then give me a beer.

I said the bar's closed.

What! Beer ain't drinkin'!!

-----------------------

No you keep it. Pork Chop money!

TOG
Ray O'Hara
2009-11-30 00:10:38 UTC
Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg (Humphrey Bogart in The Caine Mutiny....
He was No Villian! He was just a sorry, worn out character.

Man! I just can't believe how all you people are striking out on this
one! Go rent for tonight TMWSLV & watch Lee Marvin's performance!

TOG

you know what geezer.
we've all seen the John Ford movies.
do you think you are the only 50 something who posts here?
The old geezer
2009-11-30 12:36:49 UTC
Man!  I just can't believe how all you people are striking out on this
one!  Go rent for tonight TMWSLV & watch Lee Marvin's performance!
TOG
you know what geezer.
we've all seen the John Ford movies.
do you think you are the only 50 something who posts here?
Well, marcman took my advice, rented TMWSLV & enjoyed it, at least
according to his post. One at a time...one at a time.

TOG
JimK
2009-11-28 19:00:45 UTC
Post by marcman
[...]
Billy Zane in Dead Calm
Chris Sarandon as Prince Humperdinck in Princess Bride
Bogart in Treasure of the Sierra Madre

JimK
marcman
2009-11-28 16:39:05 UTC
Holy shit did he personify evil! I think that's the one!
volkfolk
2009-11-30 17:59:47 UTC
Post by JimK
Alex DeLarge (Malcolm McDowell in Clockwork Orange)
Holy shit did he personify evil!  I think that's the one!
That's the one that gets my vote. Clockwork Orange is one of the most
disturbing movies I've ever seen

Scot
Seth Buttock

p***@my-deja.com
was one scary psychio.
Pepe Papon
2009-11-29 23:44:24 UTC
Post by The old geezer
Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence"!! How could he have
NOT won an Oscar for his performance? The Injustice of it all!!!!!
TOG
ND: Custom Brewcrafters IPA
NP: Afterlight - Steve Roach
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but there's never been
a better villain than Heath Ledger as The Joker in Batman: The Dark
Knight.